Welcome to the Grainger Games trade in website terms and conditions of use.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website at www.graingergames.co.uk/trade.
By accessing this website and/or placing an order, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Using this website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us, order from us or read these terms and conditions.
If you do not accept these terms, do not use this website.
The www.graingergames.co.uk website is operated by:
Grainger games ltd, a company registered in england and wales, whose registered office is at Unit 4, North Tyne Industrial Estate, Benton, Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE12 9SZ.
Our company registration number is 4201151. Our vat registration number is 698556951.
Our Contact Details
Unit 4 North Tyne Industrial Estate,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
This site is for the use of UK and Channel Island Residents Only who are the legal owner or have permission of the owner to sell items through this website.
You are at least 18 years old; or if you are under 18 years of age, that you have obtained your parent’s or guardian’s consent to sell your items
to us for the sum indicated via our website.
Payment is made based on the value offered at the time of transaction only and is subject to CDs, DVDs, Games and gadgets passing our quality checks.
All items are checked by our quality control team. We will not make payment for any product delivered in the following condition:
Games, DVDs, Console and Accessories Terms
- Prices offered are valid for 14 days from the time of checkout. All items must be received within 14 days of checkout to guarantee prices offered.
- All items must be in the correct case.
- All items must be originals and NOT a copy or a pirated version.
- All items must be in good condition; I.E. NOT cracked, with NO dents, deep scratches or other damage. (Light surface scratches are usually accepted).
- All the original packaging must be present (including the artwork and booklet where relevant).
- Make sure the cover, the disc artwork and/or the sleeve notes are NOT defaced in any way.
- The packaging must be in good condition. Cases may have light scratches, but booklets and artwork need to be free from tears, stickers and other major blemishes.
- We only accept trades from the UK. All items should be for play in the UK Region.
- Please also ensure that the barcode you enter is the same as the barcode on the item. If you enter a different barcode, or the item itself does not have a barcode, we reserve the right to reject the item.
- We will also reject any Game that does not have all the original instruction booklets in addition to the original art work.
Handset, Tablets and Electrical Terms
- All handsets, tablets and electrical items will be fully tested. They MUST be in good working order and Excellent condition (AS NEW - no cracks, scratches or dents).
- Handsets, tablets and electricals MUST have the original charger/power cable and all relevant accessories with it (excluding headphones).
- Where applicable IMEI checks will be performed on handsets and tablets to confirm that the item is not blocked or reported stolen. We will NOT accept items that fail these IMEI checks.
- Handsets, tablets and electrical items must not be defaced, have stickers on them, or be imitation, replica or fake.
- Handsets and tablets must not be locked to any network outside the UK or locked with any passcodes etc.
- Handsets, tablets and electrical items must turn on and off and must be fully functional including audio, buttons, switches, controls, syncing capabilities and wi-fi where applicable.
- Handsets, tablets and electrical item screens and backlight must be working and intact, without cracks or dead pixels
- Handsets, tablets and electrical items must fully charge (where approriate) and must retain a full charge for 24 hours without usage.
- Handsets, tablets and electrical items must not be crushed, water-damaged and the liquid indicator must not be activated.
- All the original packaging must be present and in excellent condition (AS NEW - no rips, scratches or dents), including the artwork and booklet where relevant, unless "Unboxed" is stated in the item description.
- It is your responsibility to ensure all personal data is removed before trading in
- If handset or tablets do not reach this standard we reserve the right to offer you a lower price or arrange for them to be delivered to your nearest store for collection, or returned by Royal Mail at your own expense.
Where items are rejected for any of the above reasons, Grainger Games’ decision is final.
Users will be kept informed via email updates and by looking into the relevant transaction
within their account if one or more of their items have failed quality control.
Games, DVDs and accessories that fail the QA process or that have not been included in the original trade cannot be returned under any circumstances and will be recycled responsibly. If handset or tablets do not reach this standard we will arrange for them to be delivered your nearest store for collection, or returned by Royal Mail at your own expense.
Customers do not have the right to withdraw from a transaction once we have received your items in our warehouse at which point your transaction is final. Trade ins can be rejected or cancelled for any reason at the sole discretion of Grainger Games. Our acceptance of an offer occurs at the point of the trade being processed by ourselves after being received and tested - before this point any price offered is subject to change.
Your statutory rights are not affected. Any accepted Price Match is only valid for one single unique item. Any items duplicated on a price match will be subject to the standard trade in value at the time of acceptance. Grainger Games reserve the right to refuse any price match at its sole discretion and without notice.
All payments include VAT at the current UK rate.
Grainger Games take no responsibility for damage or loss for items sent to us by post.
Customers are recommended to get proof of postage for their goods. If your items are lost in the post we will assist you in making a claim for loss.
To ensure payment is made quickly users are recommended to send their CDs, DVDs or Games in as few parcels as possible. All parcels must be secured properly and appropriate packaging used.
Please ensure your unique transaction number is on each package.
All payments are made to your Grainger Games account as a part exchange value and a cash equivalent.
You may withdraw the cash equivalent value as a cheque at any time, or choose to use the part exchange value on our sales site.
It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that the registered name and address is entered correctly and accurately for all cheque withdrawals.
If the user’s bank refuses to pay the cheque due to an error in the user name, Grainger Games reserves the right to make an
administrative charge in the form of a deduction for the reissue of the cheque.
The following is offered as a guide for the timescale that the transaction will take to complete:
Royal Mail FREEPOST parcels can take up to 10 days to arrive at the Grainger Games offices and are checked by the Quality Assurance team as quickly as possible. At busy times testing can take up to 7 days to complete.
Cheques are dispatched within 2 days of the completion of testing via Royal Mail Business Post.
Royal Mail Business Post can take up to 7 working days to be delivered.
Payments are posted to the address entered into the system on registration. Grainger Games takes no responsibility for delays in receipt due to Business Post or the wrong address being entered onto the system.
Regular communication will be sent via e-mail regarding the progress and status of each order or users may log onto their account and look into the order history for updates.
Grainger Games has been developed for use by members of the general public only and not by businesses, organisations, cooperatives or traders
(whether sole, market or otherwise) who wish to sell single or multiple copies of the same item(s).
Users should be 18 years old or have permission from a parent or guardian to use the site.
Only one account per person is allowed.
Grainger Games SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RELATING TO THE PARTICIPATION OR INABILITY
TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAMME.
Grainger Games is not responsible for damages or losses that result from participating or inability to participate in the offers whether affiliate or
otherwise, or reliance on or use of information, services, or merchandise provided on our websites.
The User acknowledges and agrees that Grainger Games neither endorses the contents of advertisements or third parties' Web sites, nor
assumes responsibility or liability for the accuracy of material contained therein, or any infringement of third party intellectual
property rights arising there from, or any fraud or other crime facilitated thereby.
Grainger Games is not responsible and assumes no liability for changes or discontinuances of service from providers which may affect offers.
In no event shall Grainger Games’s liability, either jointly or severally, exceed £20. Grainger Games however does not limit its liability for
death and personal injury resulting from its negligence.
The User agrees to indemnify and hold Grainger Games, its affiliates, officers, and employees harmless from any claim, demand, expense, or damage,
(including reasonable legal fees) relating to your breach of this Agreement and your posting of any material on this site.
Users Agree and expressly Warrant that prior to selling their CDs, DVDs and/or Games that they have not "ripped", digitally copied or made any other
type of illegal copy of the entertainment products that the User is selling and furthermore Agree and Accept to fully indemnify Grainger Games against
any potential action or action(s) whatsoever that may or may not be taken with regard to the sale of their entertainment products in relation to, but
not limited too, artist rights, copyright and/ or intellectual property that might or may result from the sale of the Users entertainment products to Grainger Games.